The Federal Government on Monday disengaged heads of 26 agencies and parastatals including six parastatals under the Ministry of Information and Culture.
According to a statement, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, announced the disengagement during a meeting he held with the Chief Executives of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Voice of Nigeria (VON), News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) and the National Orientation Agency (NOA) on Monday.
The Minister directed the disengaged Chief Executives to hand over to the most senior officials in their various establishments. He thanked them for their service to the nation and wished them the best of luck in their future endeavours.
READ ALSO Nigeria’s active telecoms subscribers decline by one million – NCC
The affected Chief Executives are the Directors-General of NTA, Mr. Sola Omole, FRCN (Mr. Ladan Salihu), VON (Mr Sam Worlu), NOA (Mr. Mike Omeri), NBC (Mr. Emeka Mba) and the Managing Director of NAN (Mr. Ima Niboro).
Also, heads of the following agencies were equally fired by the federal government:
- Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)
- New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
- Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
- Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board(NCDMB)
- Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN)
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund)
- National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- Petroleum Equalization Fund
- Nigeria Railways Corporation (NRC)
- Bureau of Public Procurements (BPP)
- Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE)
- Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA)
- Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON)
- National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC, pictured)
- Nigeria Investment Promotion Council (NIPC)
- Bank of Industry (BoI)
- National Centre for Women Development (NCWD)
- National Orientation Agency (NOA)
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF)
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank
- National Agency for Prohibition of Traffic In Persons and Other Related Matters (NAPTIP).